Northern Graphite is committed to conducting its activities in a manner that meets best international industry practices regardless of the country or location of operation. The Company will operate with the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and ethical behaviour. It will conduct its business in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and meets its social and moral obligations. This policy applies to all Board members, officers and other employees, contractors, and other third parties working on behalf of or representing the Company.
Northern Graphite is fully committed to:
- Accepting full responsibility for, and providing effective leadership on, sustainability issues.
- Taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of workers and others affected by the Company’s operations.
- Managing and minimizing the environmental impact of the Company’s operations by following best international practices and standards and meeting stakeholder expectations while recognizing that mining will always have some unavoidable impacts on the environment.
- Utilizing practices and technologies that minimize the Company’s water and carbon footprints.
- Treating all stakeholders and partners with dignity and respect through transparent and effective engagement.
- Respecting the rights, culture and development of local and Indigenous communities.
- Prioritizing the sustainable socio-economic development of local and Indigenous communities through local sourcing and employment, and making strategic community contributions.
- The elimination of fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- The protection and respect of human rights.
- Complying with all corporate disclosure and insider trading policies.
- Providing an adequate return to shareholders and investors while ensuring that all stakeholders benefit from the extraction of the earth’s resources through fair labour and compensation practices, local hiring and contracting, community support, and the payment of all applicable government taxes and royalties.