The LDI mine has been in operation for over 20 years and is the only significant graphite producer in North America. LDI will produce up to 15,000 tpy of graphite concentrate over the next two to three years of remaining reserves. Northern plans to expand production and extend the mine life by securing sources of ore from other locations.
- Only producing graphite mine in North America
- Located 180 km northwest of Montreal in the Mont Laurier area
- Over 20 years of production history, established customer base and marketing network
- Fully permitted mine and tailings facility capable of producing 25,000tpy of graphite concentrate
- Will operate at a reduced rate of 15,000tpy over last 2-3 years of remaining reserves
- Opportunities to increase production and extend mine life by processing ore from other deposits
- High quality flake graphite
- Located close to infrastructure
- Located in a politically stable jurisdiction
On February 23, 2022 Northern signed an option to acquire 100% of the Mousseau West Graphite deposit. The property is located approximately 80 kms, and in economic trucking distance, from Lac-des-Iles graphite mine in Quebec.
Mousseau West consists of 12 claims totalling 489 hectares in size. It is located approximately 150 kms north of Montreal in the Mont-Laurier area and can be accessed from Highway 117 over 12 kms of good quality logging roads.
Over 7,500 meters of drilling has been carried out on Mousseau West and an Inferred Resource of 4.1 million tonnes grading 6.2% graphitic carbon (“Cg”) has been defined. The resource includes 2.7 million tonnes that have been drilled on 25 meter centers which the report states “are considered to have reached a high level of definition and do not need additional work.”